Conor McGregor announces he is RETIRING from fighting at the age of 31
BREAKING NEWS: Conor McGregor announces his shock RETIREMENT from MMA at the age of 31… but the UFC icon has said before he wouldn’t fight again only to make a return less than a year later
UFC star Conor McGregor has stunned fans by announcing his shock retirement from fighting.
The 31-year-old Irishman posted on Twitter in the early hours of Sunday morning to announce that he will not be fighting again.
McGregor wrote: ‘Hey guys I’ve decided to retire from fighting. Thank you all for the amazing memories! What a ride it’s been!
‘Here is a picture of myself and my mother in Las Vegas post one of my World title wins! Pick the home of your dreams Mags I love you! Whatever you desire it’s yours.’
‘The Notorious One’ had been expected to fight again later this year with UFC legend Anderson Silva, Jorge Masvidal and a rematch with arch-rival Khabib Nurmagomedov touted as likely options.
However, McGregor, who is estimated to have earned in the region of $100m from his UFC fights, appears to have gone into early retirement .
This is not the first time McGregor has said he is retiring from the sport, having made the announcement in March last year only to return less than 12 months later.
McGregor made his last appearance in the octagon in January, blasting out Donald ‘Cowboy’ Cerrone in just 40 seconds.
MORE TO FOLLOW…
Share this article
Source: Read Full Article