Dillian Whyte slams Otto Wallin for moaning about cancellation
‘All they do is cry like babies’: Dillian Whyte slams Otto Wallin and his promoter for moaning after Swede lost £18,000 following cancellation of their fight… as British contender claims he spent TEN times that amount
- Dillian Whyte was set to take on Otto Wallin at The O2 Arena on Saturday
- But the British heavyweight was forced to pull out following a shoulder injury
- The Swede said he had lost as much as £18,000 in training costs in preparation
- But Whyte said he has lost £150,000 while detailing plans to fight Tyson Fury
Dillian Whyte has slammed Otto Wallin and his promoter for complaining after their fight was called off last week.
The British heavyweight was set to take on the Swede on Saturday at The O2 Arena in London but had to pull out after suffering a shoulder injury in training.
Wallin – who called on an independent doctor to prove Whyte is injured – then claimed he had lost as much as £18,000 in training costs for his preparation for the now cancelled bout.
Dillian Whyte has slammed Otto Wallin and his promoter for complaining after their fight was called off
Whyte pulled out following a shoulder injury, leaving Wallin to complain about training costs
His promoter Dmitriy Salita then told The Sun ‘boxing is not the Wild West’ and added ‘a world class athlete can only have so many camps and absorb the punishment that it entails.’
But Whyte has now hit back, labelling the duo as ‘babies’, while claiming he lost around £150,000 on his training camp in Portugal and also detailing his desire to fight WBC champion Tyson Fury next.
‘This [fighting Fury] is a no-brainer,’ Whyte told BBC Radio 5 Live’s Boxing podcast. ‘Tyson Fury is considered the best heavyweight ever.
‘So fight him or fight somebody who doesn’t even know how to speak properly.
His promoter Dmitriy Salita (L) said ‘boxing is not the Wild West’ following the cancellation
‘All he [Wallin] does is cry. Him and Salita cry like babies. Crying he’s lost £15,000 on training camp. I spent ten times the amount of that on training camp.’
Wallin’s camp have also called on the WBC to reschedule the fight after ruling the winner would fight Fury prior to the Gypsy King’s stunning victory against Deontay Wilder earlier this month in their trilogy bout.
But Whyte, 32, has no intention of partaking in that fight and instead has set his sights on facing Fury, 33, which would signal the end of Wallin’s three-year wait to challenge for the title.
‘Of course Wallin is going to be upset’ Whyte added. ‘He’s spent money he thought he was going to earn.
Whyte has now set his sights on facing WBC champion Tyson Fury as his next fight
‘Many times I’ve had fights fall through, you can’t be upset. This is an investment in your career and your future. I see why he’s upset.
‘Some fighters don’t dodge fights, some fighters don’t pull out of fights.
‘But in that time, if a potential better opportunity comes up, I’ve been waiting to fight for the world title. I’m not going to put it off to fight Otto Wallin.’
It remains to be seen whether the fight will be rearranged and how long Whyte will be sidelined with his injury.
But had the Brixton fighter been able to beat Wallin, he would’ve had a clear path to be the mandatory challenger to WBC heavyweight champion Tyson Fury – having waited over 600 days for his opportunity.
Share this article
Source: Read Full Article