Manny Pacquiao confirms Conor McGregor mega-fight after UFC star leaks Dana White messages
Manny Pacquiao has confirmed he will indeed box former two-division UFC champion Conor McGregor. On Friday night, McGregor stunned the combat sports world by declaring his next fight will see him take on the legendary eight-weight champion.
Following a blistering rant on Twitter, in which he revealed details of fight negotiations with UFC president Dana White, McGregor said: “Anyway all water under the bridge who gives a f**k.
“I’m boxing Manny Pacquiao next in the Middle East.”
McGregor’s announcement sent shockwaves throughout the combat sports world, with many quick to dismiss his claim he’ll soon share the ring with ‘Pacman’.
However, his manager Audie Attar – who also represents Pacquiao – quickly revealed negotiations over the fight are currently underway.
JUST IN: Conor McGregor leaks private Instagram exchange with Dana White
For the sake of all the Filipino Covid-19 victims, Senator Manny Pacquiao will be fighting UFC superstar Conor McGregor next year
An official statement from Manny Pacquiao
And in a statement from his office, the pride of the Philippines confirmed he will indeed welcome McGregor back to the boxing world.
The statement read: “For the sake of all the Filipino Covid-19 victims, Senator Manny Pacquiao will be fighting UFC superstar Conor McGregor next year.”
“The huge portion of his earnings will proceed to those who are affected nationwide by the pandemic.”
McGregor made his boxing debut in August 2017 for a much-maligned showdown with Floyd Mayweather Jr, which was aptly dubbed ‘The Money Fight’.
Dana White opens up on recent Conor McGregor phone call
Conor McGregor could make UFC return before end of 2020 – Dana White
Conor McGregor receives chilling call out from Khamzat Chimaev
The Irishman’s effort to become the first man to defeat ‘Money’ was a valiant one, although he ultimately ended up suffering a tenth-round TKO defeat.
The UFC’s poster boy has continued to flirt with a return to the squared circle ever since that fateful night at Las Vegas’ T-Mobile, revealing earlier this year he had ambitions of claiming a world title.
In fact, ahead of his UFC 246 showdown with Donald Cerrone, the 32-year-old claimed there’d been exploratory talks with Paquiao over a blockbuster showdown.
“I would be open to other boxing bouts,” McGregor told ESPN. “We were actually close to signing [a deal with] Manny.
“There’s been talks about the fight with Manny. There was an offer made on that.”
McGregor, 22-4, hasn’t fought since his UFC 246 destruction of Cerrone, whom he decimated in 40 seconds to claim his first victory in nearly four years.
Pacquiao, meanwhile, hasn’t fought since defeating Keith Thurman for the WBA (Super) welterweight title in July 2019.
McGregor’s plans to face Pacquiao, or anyone for that matter, could potentially be derailed by legal issues.
Earlier this month, the former featherweight and lightweight champion was arrested and questioned in Corsica following an allegation of an “attempted sexual assault”.
Both McGregor and his management have vehemently denied the allegation.
In a lengthy post on his private Facebook account, Ireland’s first UFC champion said: “Never will I fold! The truth is the truth and it gives me wings!
“I know my character! God bless DNA! God bless Cctv! God bless Eye witness! God bless the truth!
“The truth is power! I am free! Never will a dime be paid to anyone coming at me with vicious lies!
“Not now not f***ing ever! I will fight! And I am only beginning my fight!
“I will not allow these people to just accuse me and then disappear into the dark to attempt to ruin someone else’s life! No f***ing way!”
Source: Read Full Article