MLB puts Mickey Callaway on ineligible list through 2022 following sexual harassment investigation
Major League Baseball announced Wednesday that Mickey Callaway was placed on the Ineligible List following the league's investigation into sexual harassment allegations against the coach.
Callaway, the Los Angeles Angels' pitching coach, was previously suspended on Feb. 2 after multiple allegations were made public.
"Having reviewed all of the available evidence, I have concluded that Mr. Callaway violated MLB’s policies, and that placement on the Ineligible List is warranted," MLB commissioner Rob Manfred said in a statement, noting that the investigation spanned three of Callaway's employers through the years.
"The Clubs that employed Mr. Callaway each fully cooperated with DOI, including providing emails and assisting with identifying key witnesses. Harassment has no place within Major League Baseball, and we are committed to providing an appropriate work environment for all those involved in our game.”
Callaway in 2019. (Photo: Gregory Fisher, USA TODAY Sports)
MLB said Callaway's time on the Ineligible List will continue ("at minimum") until the end of the 2022 season, at which point he can reapply for potential reinstatement.
Callaway was Cleveland's pitching coach from 2013-2017, before being hired as the New York Mets' manager for the 2018 season. He spent two seasons as New York's skipper before his dismissal after the 2019 campaign and then became the Angels' pitching coach for the 2020 season.
Source: Read Full Article