Report: Nebraska expels two former football players after sexual misconduct violations
The University of Nebraska expelled redshirt freshmen football players Katerian LeGrone and Andre Hunt, according to a document obtained by ESPN in which the school's conduct board set the expulsion in place April 3. They are now permanently terminated as students.
Last year a university investigator found LeGrone and Hunt responsible for violating the school's sexual misconduct policy. The two ex-football players were arrested on Dec. 10, 2019 after a reported off-campus sexual assault in Lincoln, Nebraska. LeGrone was arrested on suspicion of first-degree sexual assault, and Hunt was charged with aiding and abetting first-degree sexual assault, according to the original Lincoln Police Department report. The charges stem from a reported assault on Aug. 25.
The March 25 letter obtained by ESPN states the board "considered the seriousness of this incident and modified the previously proposed sanction." Originally a two-and-a-half-year suspension was proposed after findings in December.
CORONVIRUS:College football coaches brace for the worst
DABO: 'Zero doubt' NCAA football season will start on time
LeGrone and Hunt were suspended indefinitely from the football team on Aug. 26 shortly after the allegation and have not been associated with the Cornhuskers since. They've both entered the transfer portal, meaning other teams could add them to their football program.
The school's expulsion is not associated with the criminal cases. Lawyers for both men continue claim their clients are not guilty. Hunt had a continuance on his hearing scheduled for April and LeGrone had a hearing slated for June.
Hunt's attorney, Carlos Monzon, told ESPN Monday that Hunt was set to be playing at an unknown university in 2020. LeGrone's attorneys, Mallory Hughes and John S. Berry, told ESPN he has been living with family, working out and "exploring his options."
Source: Read Full Article