Why Aaron Rodgers won’t be leaving the Green Bay Packers any time soon
Brett Favre might think that Aaron Rodgers will finish his career with a team other than the Green Bay Packers.
However, the Packers' selection of Utah State QB Jordan Love in the first round of last weekend's NFL draft doesn't mean Rodgers will be leaving the team.
There are tens of millions of reasons why the Packers won't be trading Rodgers. Outside of being one of the league's elite quarterback, Rodgers has a lucrative contract that runs through 2023.
So, Rodgers — provided he's healthy — will be behind center for the foreseeable future while Packers coach Matt LaFleur molds Love into an NFL quarterback.
Aaron Rodgers threw for 4,002 yards and 26 TDs in 2019. (Photo: Jeff Hanisch, USA TODAY Sports)
GALLERY: Top 100 players in NFL history
NFL news, notes, analysis, tidbits
- 8 players still in flux: Several key figures, such as Jadeveon Clowney and Cam Newton, still face uncertainty.
- Cowboys sign Andy Dalton: The former Bengals QB will back up Dak Prescott in Dallas. One former Cowboys player wasn't on board with the acquisition.
- Bears decline Mitchell Trubisky's fifth-year option: The 2020 season will be the last one in Trubisky's contract with the Bears.
- Former five-star QB signs as rookie free agent: Michigan QB Shea Patterson, signed by the Chiefs, was the last of the 337 players invited to the scouting combine to land with a team.
- Colts think new QB can handle pressure: Jacob Eason, a five-star recruit who was a freshman starter at Georgia before transferring to Washington, is used to the weight of expectation.
- Alex Smith's road to recovery included 17 surgeries, talk of amputation: The Redskins QB's leg injury was so bad he received medical assistance from the military.
- NFL draft 2021 rankings: Two star QBs look like the jewels of next year's draft class.
- Post-draft power rankings: How did the draft impact how the 32 teams stack up? Take a look!
Saints appear primed to give Drew Brees another run at a title. (Photo: Chuck Cook, USA TODAY Sports)
GALLERY: NFL's best-ever uniforms | Worst-ever uniforms
Join our NFL Facebook group!
This is how you can help pass the time during #socialdistancing, football fans. Join The Ruling Off the Field, engage in friendly debate and conversation with fellow football fans and our NFL insiders. Do the right thing, sign up now!
The Ruling Off the Field – USA TODAY Sports NFL Facebook group logo (Photo: USA TODAY)
Source: Read Full Article