Ex-Arsenal goalkeeper Jens Lehmann lifts lid on coronavirus battle
Former Arsenal goalkeeper Jens Lehmann has opened up on his battle with coronavirus and claimed it was not as bad as having a case of flu.
The Gunners legend has recovered from the Covid-19 virus, and is already eyeing football's return in his native Germany.
Speaking to The Sun about his illness, Lehmann said: "I became infected in the middle of March. I suffered from a cough and a mild fever for a day and a half.
"After two weeks in quarantine, the authorities declared me to be healthy once more.
"I found it less bad than when I have had the flu.
"But at-risk people of course need to be careful. It probably helps as well to live a healthy life."
The Bundesliga is aiming to resume on May 9, providing the Government gives the all clear.
But Lehmann has dismissed any reasoning for matches being played behind closed doors, and called for stadiums to allow 25 per cent of their capacity in to watch the fixtures.
"I've not heard any reasonable counter-arguments so far," he added. "If only one seat in four is occupied, there is sufficient distance between people.
"Anybody who breaks the social distancing rules would be chucked out and given a stadium ban.
"I generally agree with what Mr Schauble says. We need to get Germany up and running once more, so the economy can survive the crisis.
"That goes for all branches of business – including the Bundesliga."
Lehmann formed part of Arsenal's great 'Invincibles' side of 2004, and is remembered for being sent off in the Champions League final two years later.
His old side were the first to welcome back players to their training ground this week, having been closed since mid-March due to coronavirus.
Source: Read Full Article