Ivanovic set for shock Premier League return with West Bromwich Albion
West Brom set to complete free signing of former Chelsea defender Branislav Ivanovic on Monday after undergoing medical
- Branislav Ivanovic is expected to complete his West Brom transfer on Monday
- The 36-year-old has been playing for Zenit since 2017 after leaving Chelsea
- But the defender is a free agent having left the Russian club this summer
- Serbia international had previously spent 10 successful years at the Blues
- Signing would be the sixth of the summer for Slaven Bilic’s top flight new boys
West Bromwich Albion expect to finalise the signing of former Chelsea defender Branislav Ivanovic on Monday after he underwent a medical.
The 36-year-old free agent is awaiting paperwork from previous club Zenit St Petersburg before signing a one year contract.
West Brom also retain interest in Watford’s Andre Gray and Chelsea midfielder Conor Gallagher.
Branislav Ivanovic is line to complete a shock move to West Bromwich Albion as a free agent
The veteran full-back would be the sixth summer signing for Baggies boss Slaven Bilic
Ivanovic joined Zenit from the Blues in 2017 and has gone on to play 125 games in the past three-and-a-half seasons.
Previously the marauding full-back had spent 10 years at Stamford Bridge in a trophy laden spell that saw him win the Champions League, the Europa League, three Premier League titles, three FA Cups and the League Cup.
He is set to become the sixth signing for the Premier League new boys under Slaven Bilic following the summer arrivals of Grady Diangana, Matheus Pereira, David Button, Cedric Kipre and Callum Robinson.
Share this article
Source: Read Full Article