Jamie Vardy accused of "advanced s***housery" after stoppage in Leicester draw

Jamie Vardy was accused of "advanced s***housery" after spending a lengthy time on the deck late on in Leicester's draw against Crystal Palace.

Vardy had doubled his side's lead after Kelechi Iheanacho fired Leicester ahead against the run of play at Selhurst Park.

But Palace fought back to secure a point with goals from Michael Olise and Jeffrey Schlupp to leave the Foxes without a win in their last four Premier League games.

Vardy tried to launch a counter-attack late in the game as Brendan Rodgers' side looked to get out of their own half in search of a winner.

But he was barged off the ball by James McArthur, with the striker looking to be in trouble as the Leicester physio rushed onto the pitch.

However, Vardy got up and played on afterwards – sparking the ire of some who were watching.

"Vardy faking that. Just advanced s***housery," posted one Palace fan on Twitter.

Another wrote: "I heard a few booing Vardy’s miraculous recovery from his death bed."

And another tweet read: "Commentary team are funny, vardy has broken ribs or dislocated shoulder or maybe he is ok and back on the pitch…"

Leicester boss Rodgers explained the situation afterwards, saying: "He took a blow, he couldn't get his breath. Thankfully he was okay."

Rodgers' side opened the scoring against the run of play when Iheanacho made the most of a mistake from Joachim Andersen before firing past Vicente Guaita on 31 minutes.

Vardy doubled the lead six minutes later with a cool finish from Harvey Barnes' assist.

But Patrick Vieira's substitutions changed the game in the second half.

Don't miss a thing with our football updates!

Want to be on the ball with all of the latest football news?

Well then sign up for the brilliant Daily Star football email newsletter!

From the latest transfer news to the agenda-setting stories, get it all in your email inbox – don't miss a thing.

How do you sign up?

It only takes a matter of seconds.

Simply type your email address into the box at the top of this article and hit 'subscribe'.

And that's it, job done. You'll receive an email with all of the top news stories every single morning.

You can find out more information on our email newsletter on this link here.

Teenager Michael Olise pulled a goal back for Palace with a brilliant volley past Kasper Schmeichel after coming on for Jordan Ayew early in the second half – becoming the first teenager to score for Palace in the Premier League since Clinton Morrison in May 1998.

Jeffrey Schlupp added a second against his former club just 48 seconds after his introduction, heading past Schmeichel with only his second touch.

Schlupp's goal was the second-quickest by a substitute in the Premier League this season, after team-mate Edouard took 29 seconds to score against Tottenham.

Source: Read Full Article