Man City boss Pep Guardiola's mother passes away after contracting coronavirus
Manchester City have confirmed that Pep Guardiola’s mother, Dolors Sala Carrio, has passed away in Barcelona after contracting coronavirus.
The Premier League is currently suspended, along with most sporting events worldwide, due to the coronavirus crisis, with Guardiola himself recently donating £920,000 (€1million) to help provide medical equipment in Spain.
On Monday the reigning Premier League champions confirmed the sad news that the City manager’s mother had died.
A statement from the club read: ‘The Manchester City family are devastated to report the death today of Pep’s mother Dolors Sala Carrio in Manresa, Barcelona after contracting cornavirus. She was 82 years old.
‘Everyone associated with the club sends their most heartfelt sympathy at this most distressing time to Pep, his family and all their friends.’
More to follow…
Follow Metro Sport across our social channels, on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
For more stories like this, check our sport page.
Coronavirus latest news and updates
- Visit our live blog for the latest updates: Coronavirus news live
- Read all new and breaking stories on our Covid-19 news page
- Coronavirus symptoms explained
- Find out the latest on which shops can stay open in a lockdown
- Who needs to go to work, who needs to stay at home and who is classed as a key worker?
Source: Read Full Article