Man Utd make improved Jadon Sancho offer with ace ‘committed to leaving’ Borussia Dortmund

Manchester United have improved their offer for Jadon Sancho to up to £99.6million (€110m), according to transfer expert Ian McGarry. Borussia Dortmund star Sancho is claimed to be “committed” to leaving the Bundesliga club in this transfer window. The England international has remained United’s top target throughout the summer.

Dortmund have maintained they want £108m for Sancho and United are getting closer to that fee.

Earlier this week, reports claimed United had an offer of £91m turned down by Dortmund.

But McGarry says the Old Trafford club have now returned with a new offer.

He claims United are prepared to pay £86m (€95m) up front and a further £13.6m (€15m) in add-ons.

JUST IN: Arsenal star has ‘said his goodbyes’ to team-mates as Aouar transfer edges closer

“We can tell you that two things have moved in terms of where we were when we last reported earlier this week,” McGarry said on the Transfer Window podcast.

“Most importantly is that Manchester United have proposed a different fee structure for Sancho and that is that they are now offering a guaranteed €95m and that would be a payment plan of €19m per year over the five years of the proposed contract, plus €15m in variables, which would take it obviously to €110m.

Get NOW TV Sky Sports season pass and save 25 percent

“In doing so, they’ve simplified the variables with regards to achievements which need to be marked.”

Sancho missed Dortmund’s German Super Cup defeat to Bayern Munich on Wednesday due to a respiratory problem.

DON’T MISS
Premier League done deals: Every confirmed transfer in the summer window [TRANSFERS]
Arsenal set to return for Mikel Arteta target next year after being denied deal [RUMOUR]
Lyon change mind on Houssem Aouar asking price with Arsenal £4m away from deal [REPORT]

But McGarry says the 20-year-old is still keen on leaving the club before Monday’s deadline.

He added: “Sancho himself, we understand, still remains very much committed to leaving Dortmund, as we’ve reported consistently over the last few weeks and months.

“I’m not going to say there’s no smoke without fire but it’s a huge coincidence that he got struck down by this illness at a time so crucial in the market, and at a time where United have finally been a little bit less obdurate in terms of the way that they’re willing to structure the transfer fee and the way that it’s paid.”

United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer was asked about the potential of new signings at his press conference on Friday.

But the Norwegian remained tight-lipped over his club’s business and is focused on Sunday’s match at home to Tottenham.

“Well, I’m not going to go into the transfer window now,” Solskjaer said.

“Of course, all my focus is on Sunday’s game. The club is always working hard to strengthen the squad. If something happens – in or out – you’ll get to know.

“When we’re planning you’ve got players here that we believe in.

“Of course, the transfer window is still open for a while and the club has been working, and they know my view.

“We’re here to strengthen in the long term and I’m not going to say what is acceptable or not for other clubs or teams in this difficult period.

“We’ll tell you when, and if, something happens.”

This article contains affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission on any sales of products or services we write about. This article was written completely independently, see more details here

Source: Read Full Article