Northern Ireland 1-5 Norway: Erling Haaland scores stunning double
Northern Ireland 1-5 Norway: Erling Haaland scores stunning double with Alexander Sorloth also netting twice as visitors record emphatic Nations League victory
- Norway earned a 5-1 Nations League win over Northern Ireland at WIndsor Park
- Mohamed Elyounoussi gave Norway the lead when he volleyed in on two minutes
- Paddy McNair restored parity on five minutes by tapping in from close range
- Erling Haaland left Bailey Peacock-Farrell rooted to the spot when he volleyed in
- Crystal Palace forward Alexander Sorloth netted Norway’s third after 19 minutes
- Sorloth netted once again on 46 minutes by tapping in from Haaland’s cross
- Haaland exploited lacklustre home defence and fired in second on 58 minutes
Erling Haaland scored a brilliant brace as Norway hammered Northern Ireland 5-1 at Windsor Park in their opening Nations League game.
Mohamed Elyounoussi opened the scoring after just two minutes but Paddy McNair quickly restored parity, only for Erling Haaland to volley beyond a helpless Bailey Peacock-Farrell.
Alexander Sorloth gave the visitors a two-goal advantage on 19 minutes and doubled his tally by tapping in from Haaland’s cross after the interval, with the Borussia Dortmund forward firing into the top corner to secure victory.
More to follow.
NORTHERN IRELAND: Peacock-Farrell, Smith, Ballard (Boyce 45), Cathcart, Ferguson, Davis, Thompson, Dallas, McNair, Saville (Evans 71), Washington (Lavery 77)
Subs not used: Galbraith, McLaughlin, McGinn, Lafferty, McGovern, Cooper, McCalmont, Carson
Scorers: McNair (6)
NORWAY: Jarstein, Elabdellaoui, Hovland, Ajer, Aleesami (Meling 77), Johansen (King 71), Henriksen, Normann, Elyounoussi, Sørloth, Haaland
Subs not used: Hanche-Olsen, Gabrielsen, Fossum, Nyland, Løvseth Rossbach, Berge, Svensson, Linnes, Berg, Thorsby
Scorers: Elyounoussi (2), Haaland (7, 58), Sørloth (19, 47)
Referee: Bartosz Frankowski
Share this article
Source: Read Full Article