Tottenham transfer meeting results in three new priorities as Antonio Conte gets his wish

Transfer window will not solve Tottenham's 'situation', Antonio Conte says

We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info

Tottenham boss Antonio Conte has seemingly got his wish with Daniel Levy and Fabio Paratici finalising their January transfer plans after a meeting earlier this week. Conte has made it clear on a number of occasions that he wants to begin building his own squad.

The January transfer window presents his first opportunity to make some changes, with a number of players reportedly at risk of being sold.

Dele Alli, Steven Bergwijn, Matt Doherty and Tanguy Ndombele are among several first-team players linked with moves away from the north London club.

There has been no movement through the opening 11 days of the transfer window though with Tottenham’s board undecided on what route to take.

According to football.london, Spurs had already earmarked three priorities for the January transfer window before Conte’s appointment.

JUST IN: Tottenham boss Antonio Conte lifts lid on meeting with Daniel Levy

It is claimed they were looking to bring in a centre-back capable of playing on the left, a right wing-back and a striker.

Conte is said to have ‘agreed’ with those priorities, but also made it clear that he wanted a central midfielder as well.

A meeting was held on Monday with Conte meeting with Tottenham’s hierarchy to discuss plans going forward.

And it appears as though Conte has got his wish with it being reported that a central midfielder is now one of three priorities this month.

DON’T MISS

Dropping to a less significant priority is the signing of a left-sided centre-back to help provide cover for Ben Davies.

Franck Kessie is supposedly a top target for Tottenham, but a deal this month could prove difficult with the midfielder competing at the Africa Cup of Nations.

Adama Traore is also seen as an option to play in the right wing-back position with suggestions Wolves want £20m for the Spaniard.

Conte opened up on the transfer meeting during his press conference on Thursday, admitting that he doesn’t have any “expectations”.

“I spoke with the club and I had my thoughts about the situation and this is the most important thing,” he said.

“Then the club has to decide the best way to go. I don’t have expectations. I am a coach and I know that we have to solve many problems.

“For me, in this moment the best possible way is to get the best from my players and improve the squad.

“In this moment, this is the only way I can go to improve the situation, to improve the squad. Then the club knows very well our situation and it has to take the best decision.”

Source: Read Full Article